Let’s face it. We live in a diverse world where Christian values and beliefs are contradicted just about every direction you turn. And for impressionable youth, it is crucial that they develop a biblical worldview before they graduate high school and become more independent. Wake Chapel sees its Youth Ministry as a safe and fun place where middle and high school students can come and grow in Christian faith and understanding. This will help them be prepared to withstand the storms of peer pressure, doubts, insecurities, life-changing decisions, and tragedies. Our desire for our youth is that each young person has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and becomes an active learner of the Bible in a healthy family of God. We believe each young person will find that the Bible provides answers to the ultimate questions of life.
Our Youth Ministry seeks a partnership with the body of Wake Chapel in which we give our
students appropriate experiences that promote biblical growth:
- 9:15 am – Sunday School in the Family Life Center
- 10:30 am – Worship Service
- 5:00-6:30 pm – Middle School Bible Study at the Family Life Center
- 5:15-6:45 pm - High School Bible Study at the McCreary's home
- 7-8 p.m. – Youth Serve (MS and HS combined). Opportunities for hands-on ministry for youth.
Aspects of Our Youth Ministry
- Parents are included. Parents are given opportunities to join in the fun through teaching, chaperoning, and hosting a house party. Parents are kept informed on what we’re doing through a weekly email newsletter. Any youth or parent who would like to be added to the WCC Youth Newsletter should send an email to Seth Carter, pastor of youth, at email@example.com.
- We are a hands on ministry. Our youth are encouraged to be servants as they follow Christ. We try to give them various opportunities to serve within and beyond our church walls. Some examples are: a puppet ministry, drama/skits, visits to retirement homes, church support projects, home repair projects, serving alongside non-profits in our community, leadership in Vacation Bible School, team members with Upward Basketball and Cheerleading, and more. We do this mainly on Wednesday nights, special events, and weekdays in the summer.
- Prayer and accountability are especially valuable. A subgroup within our Youth Ministry is the E.S.P.N. Team. In this group, each youth has their own prayer partner who is an adult within our church. This is a partnership and friendship where both youth and adult commit to pray for each other continually in their daily prayer life.
- The Bible is obviously our ROCK. None of our youth leaders assumes to have all the answers to life, but we confidently trust that the Bible is sufficient for meeting our every need. The Bible is almost always used in all of our gatherings. We study it, discuss it, and use it often.